We envision a Rhode Island that maximizes how, when, and where children and youth learn to ensure their success.
What happened to RIASPA?
We’re not going away. We’re just changing our name.
Over the next few months, the name RIASPA will be phased out, but our commitment to the work and our long-term goals will remain the same:
- House and support the Statewide Afterschool Network, the UWRI Afterschool Leadership Circle.
- Provide professional development opportunities for out-of-school time professionals and other educators
- Collect and provide access to national and local resources and research.
- Explore and build connections among the fields of Out-of-School Time, Early Childhood, and Adult Education, particularly in the areas of professional development, policy needs, and best practices in data collection and use.
- Advance policies at the local and state level.
What is the Afterschool Leadership Circle?
The UWRI Afterschool Leadership Circle is a statewide network of professionals who seek to increase organizational and statewide capacity to support the out-of-school-time field, and explore and strengthen connections between expanded learning, early childhood, and adult education.
ALC Members receive:
- Professional development opportunities at a 20% discounted rate
- No registration fee for quarterly membership meetings
- Input on the United Way of Rhode Island’s policy platform, as it relates to lifelong learning
- Support for developing organizational advocacy skills
- Access to volunteers from United Way of Rhode Island corporate partners, with coordination and management support from United Way of Rhode Island staff
- Access to a closed virtual community where members can find and share:
- Program updates and announcements
- Local and national resources
- Communication templates and advocacy information
- Volunteer opportunities and job listings
- A comprehensive listing of professional development opportunities throughout the state
- Discussion board for networking and collaborating
- Information on funding opportunities
- Archives of BRIDGES, a monthly e-newsletter
- Archives of Webinars, including those presented via a partnership between the Northeast Regional Statewide Afterschool Networks and The Wallace Foundation