Do you lead a nonprofit agency?
United Way of Rhode Island invites nonprofit executive directors, who lead agencies with annual budgets under $1 million, to apply for our Executive Director Learning Circle.
Each cohort is limited to approximately 15 seats, making it easier for students to be active participants. During this series, cohort members will gain practical experience and discuss topics, including:
- Developing/implementing strategies.
- Board development/engagement.
- Staffing and aligning priorities.
- Comprehensive fund development.
- Risk management/emergency preparedness.
Those who successfully complete the cohort can choose between a Certificate of Completion or six credits toward a BA/MA in Community Development from Roger Williams University’s School of Continuing Studies.
Alumni of the Executive Director Learning Circle.
- Alice Buckley, Washington County Community Development Corp.
- Caitlin Frumerie, R.I. Coalition for the Homeless
- Elliot Rivera, Youth In Action
- Jacqueline Britto, Lighthouse Community Development Corp.
- Laura Brion, Childhood Lead Action Project
- Marcela Betancur, Latino Policy Institute at Roger Williams Univ.
- Mary Jeanne Daly, Mt. Hope Learning Center
- Patrick Westfall, OpenDoors
- Phyllis Gingerella, R.I. Urban Debate League
- Shari Bitsis, Greening the Sphere
- Zachery Mezera, Prov. Student Union
- Aline Binyungu Nzigire, WRC Women’s Refugee Care
- Carlon D. Howard, Breakthrough Prov.
- Christopher Butler, Insight
- Elana Rosenberg, Youth Pride, Inc.
- Gail Ahlers, Empowerment Factory
- Helene Miller, Partnership for Prov. Parks
- Kelly Nevins, Women’s Fund of R.I.
- Toni Marie Roderick, Mt. Hope Learning Community
- Kari Nel Lang, W. Broadway Neighborhood Assoc.
- Renee Brissette, Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Hilary Jones, Girls Rock! R.I.
- Pegah Rahmanian, Youth in Action
- Debra Sharpe, Brain Injury Assoc. of R.I.
- Henrietta White-Holder, Higher Ground International
- Diana Burdette, Prov. Intown Churches Assoc.
- Jocelyn White, Books Are Wings
- Linda Weisinger, Pawtucket Central Falls Development
- Toni Marie Gomes, Mt. Hope Learning Center
- Jo-Ann Schofield, Mentor R.I.