Do you lead a nonprofit organization?
United Way of Rhode Island invites nonprofit executive directors, who lead organizations with annual budgets under $1 million, to apply for our Executive Director Learning Circle.
Executive Director Learning Circle participants gain real-life experience and explore a variety of topics, including:
- Strategy development and implementation.
- Board development and engagement.
- Staffing and priority alignment.
- Comprehensive fund development.
- Risk management and emergency preparedness.
This unique, 11-month learning experience begins on Friday, January 15, 2021. Participants will meet on the third Friday of each month from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Each session will include competency topics, group discussions, and practical scenario sharing.
United Way will follow safety protocols. Currently, sessions are planned to be held virtually via Zoom. Sessions may switch to in-person at our United Way office, depending on state and United Way regulations.
Applications are due on Friday, December 4, 2020.
Michael Fournier is a 39-year YMCA professional. He has served in senior leadership roles in Manchester, NH (1987 – 1996) and in various senior roles with the YMCA of Greater Providence (1996 – 2014). Michael has also provided volunteer consulting to numerous grassroots nonprofits in Rhode Island and Southeast Massachusetts over the past 20 years, primarily in the areas of capacity building and executive coaching.
Alumni of the Executive Director Learning Circle
- Alice Buckley, Washington County Community Development Corp.
- Caitlin Frumerie, R.I. Coalition for the Homeless
- Elliot Rivera, Youth In Action
- Jacqueline Britto, Lighthouse Community Development Corp.
- Laura Brion, Childhood Lead Action Project
- Marcela Betancur, Latino Policy Institute at Roger Williams Univ.
- Mary Jeanne Daly, Mt. Hope Learning Center
- Patrick Westfall, OpenDoors
- Phyllis Gingerella, R.I. Urban Debate League
- Shari Bitsis, Greening the Sphere
- Zachery Mezera, Prov. Student Union
- Aline Binyungu Nzigire, WRC Women’s Refugee Care
- Carlon D. Howard, Breakthrough Prov.
- Christopher Butler, Insight
- Elana Rosenberg, Youth Pride, Inc.
- Gail Ahlers, Empowerment Factory
- Helene Miller, Partnership for Prov. Parks
- Kelly Nevins, Women’s Fund of R.I.
- Toni Marie Roderick, Mt. Hope Learning Community
- Kari Nel Lang, W. Broadway Neighborhood Assoc.
- Renee Brissette, Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Hilary Jones, Girls Rock! R.I.
- Pegah Rahmanian, Youth in Action
- Debra Sharpe, Brain Injury Assoc. of R.I.
- Henrietta White-Holder, Higher Ground International
- Diana Burdette, Prov. Intown Churches Assoc.
- Jocelyn White, Books Are Wings
- Linda Weisinger, Pawtucket Central Falls Development
- Toni Marie Gomes, Mt. Hope Learning Center
- Jo-Ann Schofield, Mentor R.I.