Yes, we’re hung up on numbers, but for good reason.
Why? Because we want to ensure your time and money makes the biggest difference possible for Rhode Islanders. Take a look at all we’ve accomplished together during the past year: 2018-19 Community Impact Report.
Last year, we helped 51,114 Rhode Islanders.
- 211 answered 181,373 requests for help with food, housing, healthcare, and other basic needs.
- $27 million in tax credits and refunds were returned to Rhode Islanders through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
- We offered more than 60 events throughout the year, from Family Volunteer Days to professional development opportunities for women and young leaders.
- We placed 2,051 volunteers in the communities that needed them most.
- 1,058 children participated in the Hasbro Summer Learning Initiative.
- The Young Leaders Circle hosted 12 learning, mentoring, networking, and volunteering events.
- Women United invested more than $135,000 in literacy and education programs.
Over the past 12 years, United Way 211 in Rhode Island has taken 2,017,058 calls from people throughout the state. Want to know more? Read our full report.