Strategic Planning 2020
What changes do want to see?
We’re creating a plan that'll continue our work of changing lives and strengthening our communities — but we can’t do it alone.
We’re asking you to take part in an important conversation, one that will guide our future grantmaking, fundraising, and advocacy work.
This month, more than 40 community leaders are hosting small group discussions to find out what changes Rhode Islanders want to see.
Since we cannot reach everyone through these conversations, we're inviting community members to share their thoughts through an online survey.
During this process, we must be sure to collect as much information as possible from communities across Rhode Island.
A larger sample will allow us to more accurately set our priorities, focus our energy, and address the most critical challenges of our time.
We know you love Rhode Island — we do too. That's why we must all do better; help us do that by pushing this button and answering a very important question:
Strategic Planning Timeline
- Form Strategic Planning Committee
- Recruit Dinner Hosts
- Dinners begin
- LIVE UNITED 2020 Assessment begins
- Guest Speaker events begin
- UWRI Annual Meeting announcement
- Review/discuss findings of Conversations
- Develop key plan components and schedule meetings with community leaders for deeper conversations
- Strategic Plan committee meetings & working sessions
- Draft goals and objectives presented to Board
- Approval of Draft
- Budget planning, new grant processes
- Public announcement of new Strategic Plan
Community FIRST Conversations
Our Community FIRST Conversations foster an open dialogue, allowing for the free exchange of ideas.
- Events are small group gatherings.
- They're built on the idea that we can, must, and will do better, together.
- Participants share their experiences and are encouraged to imagine a better future.
- They collectively answer questions, like “What's the best version of your community look like?”
- Insight from these conversations will be the foundation of United Way’s next strategic plan.
United Way of Rhode Island is proud to work with the Business Innovation Factory (BIF) on the design and implementation of Community FIRST Conversations. BIF is a Rhode Island non-profit agency with a mission to help leaders make social system transformations that are safer and easier to manage. BIF has a 14-year track record of inspiring citizen-centered experiences and helping agencies implement new service delivery models.