Leading the Charge. Inspiring the Change.
At Women United, we focus our energy and resources on achieving one very important goal: improving childhood literacy in Rhode Island. Children who can read at grade level by the end of third grade are much more likely to experience academic success than those who cannot.
Our state's future depends on the ability of every Rhode Islander to participate in the economy. By giving each student the tools they need to succeed, we are investing in that future and helping to make it a reality.
It's true that every community needs strong advocates who understand their problems, know their potential, and can offer solutions. At the same time, lasting change can occur only when a dedicated, well-organized network shares their solutions and strategies with other communities.
That's where Women United comes in—we cultivate, inspire, and harness the power of local women to create lasting change.
What are the advantages of joining?
- Belonging to a community of like-minded women who share their strength.
- Volunteering alongside others who want to make a difference.
- Collaborating with business and community leaders.
- Helping young Rhode Islanders with literacy opportunities, including STEM.
How else do members make a difference?
- Members are asked to make an annual donation of at least $1,000 to United Way's Community Impact Fund or designate their gift directly to Women United.